Monday, January 18, 2016

Copy That! Pottery Barn Kids Clothespin Advent Calendar


I love Pottery Barn Kids! I'm always scanning their site and finding things to order for my kids but also to get inspirational ideas! During Christmas I ran across this cute advent calendar. Although we have an awesome advent calendar already (one my mom made when I was a kid and then passed it down to me) I knew I could use this idea for one of the upcoming months. The Pottery Barn Advent Calendar is $149 but I'll show you how to make one for under $10!!


Here are the supplies I picked up. The wood board is from Lowes ($1.80)  that I painted white.  I picked up a few options from the $1 section at Target to show some of the different ways to put it together.


I picked up these number stickers from Hobby Lobby, normally $4.99 but on sale for $2.50. A few coats of Red paint (or any color you like) makes these the perfect thing for the days of the month.
Here's what they look like after I put 2 coats of red paint on them.


 Right now Target has some super cute crafty Valentine's Day decorations. I love these cute clothes pins already with the Valentines theme. At $1 a package you could get enough for your calendar for just $5!
Here's an example of how to use the painted numbers and clothes pins

 Target also has these cute felt heart envelopes that could be glued on to the board and small treats, kid coupons or trinkets could be put in each. 2 come in a package so $7 total.


I opted for these cute Chalk Board Clothes Pins. 4 come in a pack for only $1! I wrote the numbers 1-14 on the boards and attached them to my board with hot glue.

 I then attached a picture hanger to the back and that's it! My total cost was around $6. I then used a black paint pin and added our name. You could also add your kids name, put Happy Valentine's Day or any Valentine's Day saying that you love.
 I added these canvas bags that I filled with little treats for my kids. I also added coupons for my kids of fun things they like to do that they can redeem whenever they want. The bags I found on clearance at Michaels after Christmas and got them for .10 each.
 I also found these bags at Hobby Lobby. 24 bags per pack and on sale they were $1.50


No comments:

Post a Comment